Sunday, January 27, 2013

When Samantha falls in love

Do you still remember when you were small, all you ever wanted is to grow up?

We thought that we'd grow up one day and be something. Just one thing. That you grew and grew and grew and then you got there, wherever that was, and you were all done. You lived for a long time but just like that. A dentist or a cab driver.

It was 3 am, I wondered what I can do after completing this 5 years of dentistry course. It wasn't easy sometimes I was so tired I could cry.
And then it was 5 am, when I couldn't sleep, is a career or a family all I will get after trying so damn hard to grow for so many years?
That is the pattern right? You graduate from college and work on your career and get married, you name your first born son and you start saving money for their education and wait for them to buy you a coffin made of white gold.
Do we really want these things? Or, are we just programmed?

How lack of surprises this growing up thing can offer.
I am not asking for firework shooting out of my ass everytime I achieve something, am I?

But I dream big, may be this is what you can afford when you're still a student; may be if I continue to grow, things will be completely different, like how Samantha Jones fell in love with her perfect Richard, with this song playing at the background.



No comments: