Monday, January 14, 2013

Oh damn.you bad ass.

On my birthday, I got myself a tattoo. To me there’s something very organic and alive about this kind of art. But shhhhhhh, nobody has to know, this is between you and me.

If you are planning to get a tattoo, I suggest you to do your research extensively because it is gonna be embedded on your skin till the day you step into dental clinic and request a full mouth complete dentures.
For example:
- pain (AHAHAHAHA)
- potential infectious diseases (yes, scary but you gotta prepare for the worst)
- search for a few tattoo parlours and compare their works and the most important part, INFECTION CONTROL!
- start stalking the tattoo artists on googlefacebookwhatever, not letting any single detail leak through your fingers.
- google tattoo designs, it's much cooler and meaningful if you design it yourself (like duh).
- contact your artist and start discussing about the design because they know the best, and of course the price. And once again, ask about their infection control.
- post-op care, you need to know this before getting it done, so that you'll know what to expect and be able to handle any abrupt situation.
I had mine done by Jenn from Skin Nation(Penang) and honestly she did such amazing job, I see a second one coming. They are using new needle and new ink tube for every customers so it's much more hygienic, and their shop is sparkling clean, which is very assuring. Before starting the procedure they clean-wrap the "bay", for infection control( I cannot stress this enough).
So, is it painful to get inked on chest? Well, when the needle started poking on my skin, I was expecting lorry-run-through-my-body-pain but magically, it was just vibration, with mild discomfort, and that's it, less painful than acute pulpitis. While I was still dreaming and imagining my graduation trip, "it's done", she told me.

Here it is. I am not going to show the whole thing, because it's very personal and I didn't do it just to show off, sorry.still working on my excuses if friends want me to strip.



No comments: