Thursday, January 17, 2013

Between a Lady and a Geisha

I spent huge amount of time on Thought Catalogue everyfreakingday; I read it before clinic, after lunch, and before bed. Sometimes I get so addicted, dinner and shower somehow become overrated.
"Oh come on I have this article about the first 3 penises she saw and I need to laugh at how hard nico is trying to be funny, it helps to digest the chicken I had last week!"

It feels like I am having a lion as pet, or a Geisha, at least this is what I think it is.

Reading article online is very much different with holding a book in your hands; a book always has its way to build a intimate connection with you,you will finish it(or try many many times,many many) no matter how boring it is, like a failed marriage with a good wife.

Online articles are good,sometimes better than good, it makes you laugh so loud you fart your brain out, but it's like watching an exotic stripper sliding down the pole, you know where the beginning and ending are, you know the duration of the whole show you allow yourself a 15 minutes to enjoy it but at the same time you know that there are thousand eyes all around you, stealing your precious moment but you can't blame them because your happiness is pretty naked, unlike a book which has a cover all the time.

I have a few books that I leave them on the shelves after reading just a few chapters because I didn't get the story, but I always know I will get back to them one day when my brain finally grows into the range of maturity, or I simply run out of books to read. For TC, I can just close the article if I don't like the first word that the writer chose. But deep down, is it really because of the word? Or because of the font that demean its quality of presence?

Like a Geisha, a person with so much more stories to tell and moves to dance; but we always choose the lady.



*Memoirs of A Geisha is one of my favourite movies, let me know if you have the book.




No comments: