Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Placated with platitudes

"About Me", we human being have to answer to that topic at least once in our life time, either in your first English essay, or on the first page of your hello kitty journal which was bespangled with lots of..stuff.
I thought I didn't have to answer that question anymore when I said bye to primary school, because honestly I didn't know much about myself, I still don't. I always stay blank for a while whenever I see the About Me column on my Facebook profile or my blogspot profile. What do I know about me?
 
24 years old, what exactly do I know about me? Is this uncertainty causing me to rant more than any young adult does? Is it because I am not remotely close to knowing myself, that's why I don't feel as happy as my peers appear to be? So, what is wrong?
Many are surprised when I told them I chose Sabah as one of my job posting options.
Yes I am willing to travel THAT FAR for my job. Yes I am leaving my family for another two years.
Honestly I am quite surprised too, that most of you are going back to where you come from.
At this young age, I am.. i am a sponge, I am ready to absorb everything that life throws at me. I want to go out there, to search for adventure, to discover all the possible ways to live one's life, to write stories that I know I will never regret, to look into the many parts of me that I am not sure of.

Why not? Why not Sabah?


































No comments: